Monday, November 5, 2007

Someday I shall be her...

Lately, I am strapped for cash. The conditions of my life make it so. The difficulty has not caused grief for the children, every penny I can get my hands on goes to them. Yet, and this is typical of any woman, there are needs that just have to be met.

I am completely out of eyeliner - been wearing black on my upper lids simply because it takes away from the pools of charcoal under my eyes. Blame it on my Italian genes, but I blame it on my lack of sleep and the haggard ramifications of living through a divorce.

Anyway, I went to CVS for a new eyeliner. Call it uppity, but I am used to the Estee Lauder counter when it comes to shopping for make-up.

I purchased some liquid liner ($1.99). My usual eyeliner is soft, easy to apply and looks fantastic (at the bargain price of $11.00). I came home, tore the liner from its cardboard package and proceeded to apply it. "Ah, a new look, darker, bolder. Looks good." Then I stepped back from the mirror and realized I would've have been better off if I had given my daughter a Sharpie and let her have a go at it. Pretty? No. But the word 'hussy' came to mind.

I'll keep it though - $1.99 is a $1.99 and if I look like a freak until it runs out, so be it. I'll just buy that rusty El Camino, dye all my hair blonde (except for the roots), let a cigarette hang out of my mouth as I drive around town in my tank top (braless) and cut-off shorts and yell cuss words out the window as I flip off the drivers of huge SUVs. (For anyone who knows me, that is my alter-ego - something I've always envisioned myself doing). Of course, I'll have to wait for the check to come in. Cheap eyeliner: a staple in any woman's closet - especially if there is a hussy waiting to be found.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you calling me a hussy?? LOL
You crack me up, and thanks for the sharpie idea, less invasive permanant makeup! Just what I always wanted....
Aim

Anonymous said...

That's funny- use your funny voice from time to time - it works and isn't it fun to do?

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...