Thursday, November 29, 2007

Over the Hump

Well, I made it through my first holiday... all in one piece. I spent Thanksgiving in an inebriated bliss but that's just the way I planned it and my family took over with caring for the kids and keeping me abreast (ha, turkey!) of the goings on. All in all, it was okay, until, that is, the alcohol wore off. But, I am over the hump! Gotta love this time of year.

Actually, I didn't drink too much, just a couple happy ones with my brothers and brother-in-law. We spent time swapping stories and doing dishes, and of course, eating. I realized though that I am merely half a person right now, especially during the holidays. That's what you get for devoting everything to one person for over eight years. I am not ashamed to say it. I did it. I gave it my all and slowly, slowly I am pulling myself back together. There is no shame in loving and really, what's the alternative? If I hadn't given my whole self, well, I wouldn't be feeling so terrible right now, but I would have only felt half the joy too. The joy far outweighs the pain.

I heard that once. Maybe, after all this is over, I'll believe it.

Just looking to get through Christmas and into the new year. 2008 here I come, my eyes on the horizon, full steam ahead.

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...