Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Seventeen Years Later

We went from reading books and talking about them every month, to reading wine labels and talking about everything.  We started back in 2001, when book clubs were a thing.  In the seventeen years we've been together we've witnessed babies being born, divorce, death of a loved one, remarriage, more babies, toddlers, pre-teens and now teenagers.

And we still laugh like we did way back when we were still so young!

I am up late for a Tuesday evening, but that's because I had this Tuesday commitment.  I often feel tired and uninspired when I leave for book club, but after five minutes of being with these women, I am just fine.  We've been doing this the first or second Tuesday of every month for seventeen years!  There are no plans to stop it, either.

Not much else to write about today.  I awoke, read the news stories, got a little sad/disheartened/scared from all the news (fake or not fake, it still sucks), worked my ass off all day, made dinner, went to book club.

Sleepy time. . .

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...