Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's Not My Colon, You A-Hole!

There I was, so mad at my colon for all these weeks... and it had nothing to do with any of my digestational (is that a word?) capabilities. I called my colon an asshole for no reason! The real assholes are my ovaries - or rather the cysts on my ovaries. They've been the cause of my pain - in the belly, in the pelvis, in the back. I've been getting treated for a bladder infection, kidney infection and bacterial infection of the intestines, and all along it has been my right, useless (at this time), ovary.

I spent the day at the ER. I was not going to continue taking antibiotics that were not doing their job - and if I did have a kidney infection and felt as bad as I have felt, I needed to get it checked out. So, I drove myself there and got all kinds of tests done, and the cysts on my ovary are the culprits for all of this. Eight hours later, and I am still in pain (there is no "cure", they just have to disappear on their own), but with two more antibiotics (to kill the infected cysts) and a "pain killer that you will thank me for" (the words of my ER doctor). Thank you. I can't take them, but at night, but I know that I am going to pop one of those babies in my mouth tonight and sleepy, sleepy.

The ER nurse who discharged me was, 1. Awfully cute (a stay at home dad, raising a 4 yr old and 6 yr old, two days in the ER, a chef the other hours he has free in the day); and 2. Very sympathetic. He said, "Oh, cysts on your ovaries. They're very painful." And I said, "Oh, have you had one before?" We both giggled, and he handed me my painkiller prescription. Good guy, he was. Don't know his name, but know he can cook a great pasta meal and he makes his own Italian sausage. Why didn't I get his number? Because men suck!

Just a little humor.

Still feeling crappy, but at least I know the source now.

4 comments:

Andrea Renee said...

Oh my gosh! Glad you finally got to the "bottom" of it! (LOL - sorry, I had to say it). Seriously, though... didn't they suggest going on the pill to shrink the cysts on your ovary? And, get that guy's number!!

Anonymous said...

get the number----we men take a bad rap for the ones who are scum--we are all inherently lazy and forgetful but that's why we need a good woman to push us along--don't tell any other men this,"I think we just do it for the attention of a good woman"

CorLeone said...

Get Anonymous' #, Carrie! Praying for your relief. Love you

Andrea Renee said...

Just wanted to wish one of the best moms I know a Happy Mother's Day! XOXO

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...