Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm Up

The birds are back in Maryland. I stood on my wet porch and listened to the various tunes and was reminded of my three year old Paige, when at 5 o'clock in the morning the birds were singing and I heard her yell from her bedroom, "Please be quiet!" When I went in to check on her, she asked so innocently, "Why do they wake me up every morning?"

It is what they do, and I suppose it's a nicer way to wake than Tony's "Cocka-doodle-do" parade.

Nah. That's classic.

This morning, I swear one of them had a kazoo, and another had one of those noise makers we use on New Year's Eve.

Sing, birdies, sing! Welcome in spring.

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...