Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bock, Chicken, Bock, Bock

Tony has this wonderful habit of calling me a "Bock Chicken". I believe that calling me a Bock Chicken is actually a term of endearment and so I love it whenever he says it to me - usually after I've begged him for a kiss or hug.

He'll also say "Bock, chicken, bock, bock" whenever he feels uncomfortable. If I tell him no, he cannot have an ice cream cone for breakfast, lunch or dinner, he says, "Bock, chicken, bock, bock." When I tell him to put on his boots instead of his Lightning McQueen sneakers, he answers with "Bock, chicken, bock, bock."

Wouldn't it be nice to get away with saying this every time we're uncomfortable?

"I'm sorry M'am, your heating unit is gone. You'll have to pay $5000 to fix it."

"Bock, chicken, bock, bock."

Or your ex calls you, screaming at you for no reason other than to regain control.

"Bock, chicken, bock, bock." And you hang up the phone.

"You're fired." Your red faced boss yells at you, feeling slightly uncomfortable in his undersized chair and cubicle.

You hold the palm of your hand in front of your face to inspect it, turn it over to inspect the cuticles and reply nonchalantly, "Bock, chicken, bock, bock."

"You lost everything in your portfolio. You actually owe money. Your house burned down. It was your fault and so your insurance will not cover the costs. Your neighbors got mad because a tree fell on their back shed and so they shot the dog. To death. Your wife left you for a younger version of your brother, and the clothes you're wearing stink, but on a good note, you at least, own them."

"Bock, chicken, bock, bock."

Yes, it is my new catchphrase. Life gives you lemons, you say, "Bock, chicken, bock, bock."

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...