Sunday, January 4, 2009

Who Needs a Honey?

Perhaps it is the way Venus has entered the planetary scheme along the milky way, and how the planets near the moon are aligning in the third house of Pisces (really, I have no idea what I am talking about!), but I am on a roll. I finally bought new pantry doors (and with the help of my neighbor, "Schneider", they are installed). I also bought new vinyl flooring for my kitchen (can't afford the real stuff!) and put it down all by myself and it looks fan-effing-tastic! I was up until 3am finishing it up, but that doesn't matter.

Last night, I was up until midnight making a to-do list... for today, tomorrow and throughout the year. I am proud to say that I completed everything on that list - right down to clipping the kids finger and toe nails. In addition, I spent quality time with the children.

At midnight, on New Year's Eve, I had already partaken in a couple drinks in celebration of thoroughly cleaning the slate in '08. It was about ten minutes before the ball dropped and since I didn't have my children there, I had no one to kiss except for some really great friends. So I did. The thought that went through my head was that I could spend 2009 alone, but if I did, I would get some things done that I want done. The mint green color in the mudroom that he picked out (against my wishes)? Gone. The light blue in the downstairs bathroom that he picked out (against my wishes)? Gone. Same with the kitchen flooring and all those things that were on the honey-do list for years while my honey-did other, ahem, things. I can do it all by myself. It's kinda cool.

Laundry folded, leaves blown, windows cleaned, flooring (close to) finished, dishes done, dinner made, playtime with kids, nails clipped, church, clean playroom, picked up bedrooms, vacuuming... DONE! It's 6pm, dinner is finished, kids are relaxing before their bath and I have two hours before bedtime to snuggle with them.

Tomorrow it starts all over, but alas, it is Monday. Work will fill the empty space in my brain. What it comes down to for this year: Resolution Number One, perhaps: I will not be lonely this year. I'll be too busy to care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooooo proud of you! Amen, cousin, you can do it all -- and do it the way YOU want to! Jacqui

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...