Friday, December 14, 2007

The State of Grace

How great to be a dog. Clueless, fed and nurtured. Just look at her! Such intelligence! She knocks on the door every thirty seconds whether she wants to go outside or not, she wrinkles her snout to greet me in the morning. She is the girl that reached atop the counter and pulled down a two pound bag of sugar and tore it open around the entire house. She is the girl that tore every shoe, every piece of paper, everything that wasn't attached to the wall into pieces.


I come home at night and her nubby is wagging. I go into the bathroom and she follows me, looking into my eyes so lovingly. She takes up my entire side of the bed when there is a desolate space beside me. She is my girl. Gracie. Grace. And here I am, full of Grace.


No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...