Monday, December 31, 2007

Diet v. Divorce

Last night, my sister, brother-in-law and myself sat at the kitchen table and talked about our new year's resolutions. Mine were pretty simple. My brother-in-law's was even easier - "I will no longer vacuum the pool." He looked at my sister smugly and that was the end of it. We all started laughing. My sister said she wants to lose the extra weight this year and maybe quit one of her jobs. It was quiet for a minute and I said, "I know how you can lose a lot of weight fast." I had her attention. She waited for me to reply and I said, "Just get divorced, you'll be skinny like me in no time." She didn't say anything, but my brother-in-law reached across the table, took her hand and said, "I'd rather just keep buying bigger clothes."

So would I, so would I...

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...