Monday, November 22, 2010

Loneliness

An echo returns as I roll the key in the lock,

“Mommy’s home!” reverberating off the whining of dogs,
Bellyaching for food, for relief, for love
My absence has bewildered them
My absence after eight hours gone
Away from the pain of what does not greet me
Away from what makes it my home

And the days are long
The mornings somber
As I sip coffee with closing eyes and an aching heart
Missing who is missing
Today, tomorrow and forever-more
Missing who is missing

My soul wants
And wants
And wants
And is never quiet in its need

This absence has confused me

And the echoes fail
The echoes fail
The footfalls are mere paws

And I spend the evening
Holding it all apart
In hands that yearn
For the world.

3 comments:

chris said...

"Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better."- henry rollins

Carrie Lynn Fazzolari said...

Henry Rollins is out of his mind. Loneliness sucks.

"Loneliness and the feeling of being uncared for and unwanted are the greatest poverty" - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

chris said...

Well you're full of karmic cyclical energy just waiting to stubble upon something happy) Hope.

"Lonliness accepted becomes a gift leading one from a life dominated by tears to the discovery of one's true self and finally to the heart of longing and the love of God."-unknown

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...