Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Joy is a Gift

So I just laughed my butt off reading a couple of posts on my brother Cliff's blog:  http://fazzolari23.blogspot.com/ He writes about getting 99 cents in change because he owed the cashier a penny - how he made her count out a handful of pennies and told her to put them by her register so some other unlucky bastard doesn't have a pocketful of change.  A couple of days later he follows with a story of how one wrong turn resulted in an hour and a half session with Canadian customs.  Funny stuff.

The entire time I read them, I thought about my brother Jeff, who up in heaven, must have been cracking up; and then I cried too because I miss that boy like crazy and thought that he probably had something or everything to do with Cliff's aggravation.  He did it when he was alive, why stop now?

Cliff wrote about Jeff and Jeff's joy in a book titled Oh Brother! http://fazzolari23.blogspot.com/2010/09/oh-brother-all-points-bulletin.html  The book is phenomenally written and is written about a phenomenal family and the brother who brought laughter and joy and insight and beauty to everyone he met.  I'd love to have every book club read it; every family share it; every person who is struggling with how to live, read it and live.  Here is the order form: http://fs17.formsite.com/authorfazzolari/form094323136/index.html  All the money made will be going to Jeff's three young children:  Johnny, Farrah and Rocco.

Cliff will be doing signings anywhere and everywhere he can.  Do me a favor and share this post on your facebook page or your own blog;  stock the book in your virtual store; cut and paste into an email and send the news to everyone you know.  It is a book that will bring joy and change lives.  My family is that awesome - and my brothers' are that amazing.

I miss you Jeff.

1 comment:

Cliff Fazzolari said...

Bah! Tears in my eyes now! Thanks -people willlove to read about him, and he certainly is laughing at our aggravations down here.

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...