Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Love

I've been awake for a couple hours now.  In probably less than an hour, the kids will be awake and ready to start a brand new day with me and the dogs and the 100 degree weather.

I look forward to it.

Yes, my PC busted and I have to take it in.  Yes, I got another flippin' bill from my lawyer and will have to pay it.  Yes, the house is a mess and will have to be cleaned.  Yes, the garden is overgrown and flopping.  Yes, yes, yes.

A couple days ago, after Tony and Paige returned, I watched them interact.  They are brilliant.  I know it sounds so cliche coming from their mother, but it's true.  (I suppose it's true of any child).  At one point, I said, "Here comes Enzo, Tony."  And he replied, while tip-toeing, "Is he creeping slowly?" 

Where does a child get these things?

At dinner last night we talked about our favorite parts of the day and we all agreed that "right now" (seated beside each other at the table) was our favorite part of the day.  I said:  "It's weird we all have the same favorite part of the day."  And Tony said, "Technically, it means we love each other."

So incredibly beautiful.

I'm not sure what the theme of this post is supposed to be.  Yet, my heart feels full and warm and content this morning, despite the responsibilities associated with living. 

Wait, I know what it is!

I am in love.

In love. 

Sitting in the midst of it, feeling it, surrounded by it, hopeful of its power, wrapped in its strength, aware of its depth, and discovering that, technically, it is my favorite part of every day.

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...