Friday, December 2, 2011

Yikes!

I am real surprised today that it has been so long since I pulled up this blog site, and posted; or went to Facebook and spent more than 30 seconds on it in the past week.  It's been nearly impossible.

Having spent ten hours on the road on Sunday, driving back in the rain with the other billion travelers, I nearly embraced my kitchen island, I was so relieved to be home.  The kids, of course, were bouyant after having spent all those hours in the car, and they were also starving.  And we also raced each other for the bathroom because I refused to stop when it looked like I only had a couple hours of driving time. 

It was 9pm, on a Sunday, with school the next day.  I made them dinner while they took a bath, they scarfed it down, and we headed up to bed.  All of us restless, and wanting to relax and process the weekend.  It hasn't happened.

Monday, school and work.  Tuesday, the same.  Wednesday, the same plus Christmas decorating.  Yesterday. Today.  Ugh.  It has been a non-stop cycle of work, home, school, on-line shopping, cleaning the house, decorating the house, cuddling before bed, and then back at it.

Today, I am working from home - in my Pajamas, at my desk with music blaring and dogs barking and the opportunity to throw in a load of wash, and take a shower when I feel like it without the need to get dressed in anything other than sweats or go anywhere.  I have 50 leases that I've needed to review at work.  I have gotten through 3 of them in the past four days.  I go to work, and there are phone calls and meetings, and other priorities so I don't get the other work done.  Not today.  Today I will focus, and finish these leases.  Sweet freedom for the weekend.  I love my job though - and that, in itself, is sweet freedom.

I'm facing a weekend without the kids.  They're excited because they get to see their grandparents, so I'm happy for them.  And me?  No plans other than the annual book club Christmas party I am hosting on Sunday.  This merely means that I have to clean my house, finish decorating, put the decorations away, cook some meals, go grocery shopping and sleep.

Sleep.
Sleep.
Sleep.

That's what I am looking forward to the most.  And when I finish the last lease, it is what I shall do.   It's 7am now.  10 hours.  5 leases an hour.

What am I nuts? 

I'll sleep in January. . .

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...