Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update

I am four days into a week of both kids having the flu - late nights of throw up, gas bubbles, hot foreheads and sleepy smiles...

I am four months into the most sorrowful year of my life...

I am six Bruce songs into memories that are swiftly mounting into a pile of tenderness...

I am two kids into my life - cherishing every single second, even the throw up, gas bubbles, whining and tantrums...

I am very, very much into debt - for now...

I am three chapters away from a completely revised first novel...

I am six chapters into "7 Habits of Highly Effective People"...

I am four chapters into "The Witch of Portobella" by Paulo Coehlo...

I am four chapters into "The Wednesday Letters" by ?...

I am three months into a brand new project at work, that has hardly seen my input... not this past week, not last week, not last month, not since January 27th...

I am three weeks into needing another dye job for the 15 grays that show up overnight...

I am six days away from the birthday of Paige, who will be six (!)...

I am halfway done with an Excel spreadsheet that turns my stomach, churns my emotions, scares the crap out of me, and relays my financial future...

I am about 18 months into disillusionment, but keeping my head above water, and growing very, very strong...

I am eight days away from a three day vacation in Florida without the kids...

I am 8 pounds away from fitting comfortably into a six four...

I am 8 pounds away from fitting comfortably into a size eight...

I am 37 years into a life that, up until this week, was passing without much of my input...

I am two hours away from tucking the kids into bed after prayers and a book...

I am two hours and four minutes away from pouring three or four glasses of wine in a row...

That's about it.

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...