Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Steve Austin and Jamie Summers

Yes. You know who they are. By the time I am done with this post, you will have remembered. Ah... you already know, don't you?

They were the heroes of my childhood. And they shall be the heroes of my childrens' childhood.

It was late 1995, autumn, a Saturday morning during my first semester of law school, around 10:00 in the morning:

"Hey, watcha doin'?"

"Reading. It sucks."

"Well, TBS has a marathon of the six million dollar man and the bionic woman running until midnight. Turn it on."

I turned it on, while I studied, and I got a phone call or two, or three throughout the day from my brother Jeff. We loved that show.

For some reason, I thought about Steve Austin and Jamie Summers this evening, and so I googled the names, and with tears streaming down my face, I had the kids watch the You Tube videos with me.

"Can she lift a car?"

"Yep, and she can tear a phone book in half!" I answered.

"Can he run as fast as a Cheetah?"

"Yep."

"Can she?"

"Yep."

"Can we get the movie?"

"Absolutely."

"Do you think John and Farrah would like it?"

"Absolutely. If there is nothing else in my life that I ever do, I will introduce the six million dollar man and the bionic woman to you guys and your cousins."

And so, $99 later, 105 episodes, five seasons of the six million dollar man... they are on their way. The bionic woman is soon to follow as soon as I find a good deal.

My life. Their life. My parents did good with letting me and Jeff watch, so why change things?

Can't wait to watch them!

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...