Thursday, April 30, 2009

And So It Goes...

I made it exactly (well, maybe not exactly)4 days without feeling any physical pain. No belly infection; no PMS; no headache; and no sunburn. And now?

I threw my back out again.

I am walking like a 75 year old at an amusement park with the kids... trying so hard to keep a game face, but hurting like somebody is taking a sledgehammer to my kidneys. And it's funny, because at 37 years old, I sound like my Grandpa Fuzzy eating his breakfast...."Mmm, hhh, mmmm, owww, hmmm..." and this is just me sitting on the sofa. When I try to walk to the bathroom (bladder infection), it is much, much worse.

Okay, fine, that doesn't matter. The highlight of my night was playing multiple choice questions with the kids. I started it: "I love you as much as: a) the trees growing in the backyard, b) the height of the house or c) the universe?"

"The universe!" Both of my geniuses answered correctly.

"Okay, this one is a little harder. I love you as much as: a) my pinky finger nail, b) a nose hair and c) my big, brilliant, manicured toe nail."

They giggled hard at the nose hair comment, but in the end, answered correctly: My big, brilliant, manicured toe nail.

Once they got the gist of the game (my version of getting them ready for the LSATS), they wanted to create their own multiple choice questions.

Paige: a) My homework, b) the truck or c) My heart. You know the answer.

Tony: a) My butthole, b) Your butthole or c) GRRRRRR.....

Not sure how to answer, but it didn't matter because Paige began crying and ruined the whole thing. She was very, very frustrated.

"Why are you frustrated?" I asked.

"Because Tony's comic words are annoying." She answered.

I laughed so hard, my back hurt.

And guess where I'm going?

a) Bed
b) A Bonfire Party
c) To Mexico to meet up with a pig

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...