Sunday, December 15, 2019

Simplicity

Because I woke with a full chest, a raw throat and no voice, I decided to take the day and live it simply.  Tony was feeling lousy too, so we each had a cup of tea, and watched a Family Guy at wake up.  My throat was still raw, and my eyes were drooping in exhaustion.  So a half hour after waking, I went back to bed.

I woke a couple hours later, jumped in the shower, had a piece of pizza for lunch and walked over to the salon for a pedicure.  I didn't pull out my phone and check Facebook or play a game, I just sat in the chair and talked to the woman who was doing such a sensational job on my feet.  We giggled some, I paid and walked back home.

My brother is in town, and he said he'd take care of dinner.  Perfect.

Tony and I sat on the sofa and put on Shrek.  I fell asleep five minutes after it started and woke five minutes before it ended.

Dinner was ready.  I ate and watched shows until it was time to pick Paige up from her friend's house.

When she got home, we sat down and she shared the happenings of her day with me while we played a game of Aces Wild.  She beat me by 250 points.  Whatever.

We laughed some.  Then bed.

No make-up, no stress, no worries - just tea, pizza, a good dinner, a few great laughs, a sore throat and a lot of sleep.  Easy.

Today, when I awoke, I felt refreshed.  I threw on a pair of sneakers and walked a couple miles, stopped to get some coffee for myself and my brother, sat down and decided to write.  In a couple hours, I will make Lasagna with Paige.

I'd mark this weekend as a good one.  Simply a low-key couple of days for a body that needs to heal.

How was your weekend?


No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...