Friday, February 3, 2012

Touring the Globe

Well, not actually touring the globe, just the East coast - and not the warm areas - just the foggy, cold ones.  Last weekend I was in Rehobeth Beach with a bunch of my girlfriends for our 2nd annual girls weekend.  Fun times were had by all, though if I spent more time describing it all in detail, I would be 1) banished from next year's trip; and 2) way too giggly to finish writing this post.  Suffice to say, fun times were had by all.

The Monday and Tuesday before that trip, I was in Richmond, VA for work.

This weekend, I am in Buffalo - preparing for what appears to be a whirlwind of family, laughter and food. (As usual).  I'll be back in MD on Sunday.

On Thursday and Friday I'll be in Richmond again.

On Thursday and Friday of the following week, I have to go to NJ for work.

The week after, Richmond again.

Here's what I have to say about traveling:



Um, well, I go by the adage that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

I'm tired.  Though these trips have been interspersed with fun and laughter - - especially this weekend --  living out of a suitcase, and continually coming home to a house where laundry goes in, laundry comes out, dogs greet me heartily, dogs are disappointed with the sight of my suitcase, hiring a house/guinea pig/dogsitter, paying a house/guinea pig/dog sitter and keeping up with my self-promise to make dinner every night for the kids, and to fortify their love with focused time and love, has depleted most of my energy.

I want to sleep for a day.  Or two.

Did I mention that despite loving my job, being entirely satisfied with my kids and my way of living in our household, I'm kind of lonely for companionship?

It would be nice to come home into a pair of loving arms that didn't belong to my kids or my dogs.  (The guinea pigs don't hug, they just poop and do naughty things with each other). . .  It would be nice to have an adult conversation as I prepared dinner.  It would be nice to relax on the sofa with someone after the kids have been tucked in, and the dogs are out for the night.

It would be nice.

But alas, all that this traveling has done is afford me the opportunity to daydream about that kind of future with that kind of someone.  I, of course, do not have any time to actually meet him, and get to that point of companionship that I daydream about.

B-U-F-F-A-L-O!  I am here, and I plan on being entirely here.  I'll allow the future travel plans to greet the present.  Because in this very instance, I am not on a plane or traveling down the highway.  I am sitting in the kitchen that molded the person I have become, and I like it.

Bruce on April 13th in Buffalo. . . I already booked my flight!

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...