Monday, September 13, 2010

Sweet Candy

Kitty's in the shop again.  She had the hiccups on the way back from Buffalo last Monday and smashed into another SUV going about 20 miles an hour in stop and go traffic.  Poor baby lost her license plate and had to get the grill replaced and a new bumper (her 2nd bumper in a year).   Aside from the cosmetic junk, she needs a new set of shocks and some other work done on her private parts.  So, back to the Auto shop she went for her work.  In the meantime, I rented a Sebring and scooted around town in that for a couple days until my sweet tooth kicked in.  I have been fantasizing about a Lincoln MKS since late 2007, going so far as pricing them out, looking at options and posting a picture of it on my "future" corkboard.

I took the picture down on Friday because parked in my garage is the newest addition to the family.  Her name is Candy (thanks Cliff for the suggestion) and she sure is pretty, she's a beauty, she's all around SEXY and I fit in that front seat like a child's hand fits in a mitten.

I miss Kitty, don't get me wrong.  Kitty is and always will be the best, most reliable vehicle in the family.  She brought both my children home from the hospital and took us on so many trips up north that she pretty much knows the grooves of the road like a mother knows her daughter's face.  And I will never get rid of her.  When she gets back from the beauty shop/doctor, she will have the king spot in the driveway, where she's always been.

Buying Candy took tremendous effort.  As I said, I've been looking for three years, and I've talked myself out of it because it seems like such an extravagance, but you know, in the past two months, I've heard my father's voice (loud and clear in the car dealership) and know that he would be happy for me for finally doing something good for myself and realizing that spending the money once in a while is good for the soul.  And I bought a Lincoln.  I can see his smile as clear as day as I drive it.

Sweet like candy to my soul... 

Kitty'll be back in town soon, and I'll love her as much as I love Candy, don't you worry.

Happy driving...

2 comments:

John said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family. Shouldn't it be "Candi" with and "i"? Much sweeter!

Anonymous said...

we need a pic of the new ride!

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...