Monday, September 27, 2010

Sick

Both kids are home today.  Paige had a fever all day yesterday, Tony got his this afternoon.  I could see it in his eyes as I got him on the bus but figured he was just worn out from the weekend.  Nope.  Just took his temperature:  101.1.

Kitty's at the doctor again too.  She's shaking like a washing machine during the spin cycle so I picked up my mechanic and he drove her to the shop for me.  (Dear Lord, please let it be related to our most recent accident so it is still covered by my insurance).

Enzo has had his own mishaps on the floor - and it's not liquid, and it's not yellow.  He almost made it to the door, he really tried, moaning, and if he could have reached his front paws around to his backside, I know he would have been trying to hold it in until I could get the damn door open.  We almost made it.  Then, well, you know.   I threw up the entire time I cleaned up too, which isn't so great because I feel like what Enzo left on the floor:  crap.  Stomachache, headache, backache...

I made the chicken soup; the kids just gobbled it down, claiming that though it wasn't as good as my mom's, it was still delicious. 

Despite their illnesses, I can hear them giggle as I write, real, whole giggles - in the belly laughs.  They are redoing their profiles on Wii right now, and Tony just exclaimed, "I am a smokin' hot boy and Paigey, you're a smokin' hot girl!"  In a pretty, pretty dress, right? 

I don't know about all that, but they certainly have fevers, full bellies and great laughs.

I'm starting to feel a little better now, for some reason.  The chicken soup worked for the kids, the laughter works for me... hope Kitty finds a cure soon.... and the little bastard?  Ah, who cares, he just better get his ass outside on the next go 'round.

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...