Monday, June 22, 2009

39 Years

Happy Birthday brother. We've been celebrating your birthday for all these years, and the date has always been one of my favorites; marking the beginning of summer and laughter. There is a great void this morning - not so much in the mood for celebrating today. But one thing I know: You will be beside me the entire day, and every song I play is for you, every word I speak will be lined with love for you, and every smile I succeed in giving, every gesture of kindness I put forth, every tear I cry will be manifested from the love I have for you. And when the kids blow out the candles on your cake tonight - I'll remind them of how you celebrated living - and I'll wish that for every person who ever knew you.

I miss you Jeff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of Jeff today, as is my dad, who shared the day with him for the last 39 years and always looked forward to that phone call from his nephew wishing a "happy birthday." I thought of Jeff yesterday, as we celebrated Father's Day at mass. I think of him often now, when I can't take for granted that eventually I'll see him at a family function.

Carrie, I'll pray for everyone today, that there is strength to get through this day that should be a celebration of life, and is a celebration of the life he had. LOVE YOU, Jacqui

Andrea Renee said...

Thinking of all of you... ((((HUGS))))

Cliff Fazzolari said...

Love you, Sis and you too Paige and Tony - remember, only love will teach you joy. Not feeling a lot of joy today, but feeling plenty of love - and that's the start.

Cliff

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...