Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One moment

Still grateful because of the weekend, I turned in my bed to see a text coming in from my sister.  "Oh, cool, I get to start the day with her."  The text informed me that one of the family's best friends (our neighbor since we were in diapers, and Jeff's best friend throughout high school and adulthood) was in a car accident because he was trying to avoid deer and slammed into a telephone pole. 

Man, my heart was in my esophagus when I read that text, and I immediately said a prayer and started to cry.  Thank God, he only got pretty banged up, and nothing worse.

One moment.  One swerve.  One deer.  One pole.

The accident reminded me of how grateful I am to have people in my life that I love so deeply.  It also reminded me that one moment can change everything.

Everything.

Love. Love. Love.  It's what we must do.

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...