Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good News / Bad News

Good News:

There was a 2 hour thunderstorm yesterday that sent the 100 degree weather away.

Bad News:

- Enzo, the little bastard, found the muddiest spot in the yard to dig a hole.

- After soaking himself in mud from head to toe, he barreled up the deck stairs and proceeded to jump against the door, barking incessantly until someone let him in.

- Paige let him in and said, "Mom, um, Mom?  You need to see Enzo."  I walked down the hallway and saw muddy footprints and slides of mud on the hardwood floor, the rugs, the sofa and the kitchen floor.  I followed the trail with my eyes and did a double-take when I saw Enzo panting on the kitchen floor --chameleon-like because the floor is brown and rust, and so was he.

- "Bath time!"  Paige yelled.  Enzo leapt to his feet and ran the other way.  Somehow we got him upstairs into my bedroom and bathroom where I could use the shower to scrub him down. He leapt, rolled, panted, barked and jumped for about 15 minutes.

Good News:

- After we got him into the shower, he sat there and I swear he was moaning with pleasure as I soaped him up, praising him for being such a handsome bastard.

- I hadn't yet taken a shower yet so I wasn't required to re-wash my muddy arms, legs, hands, fingers, feet, toes and nostrils after the entire debacle.

Bad News:

- I had to mop the kitchen and living room floors; scrub every window where he leapt;  scrub the rugs and the couch and the blinds and the kitchen table and the refrigerator and the dishwasher, the ceiling fan and the entire upstairs hallway and master bedroom.

Good News:

- He's a handsome, clean bastard.

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...