I am writing it off the top of my head... the only line I know is the last one.
The money gets sorted,
the kids do too,
pieces to me,
pieces to you.
A legal decree that says good-bye,
signed and initialed on the bold-faced line.
The laughter faded long ago,
the tears still crawling,
heaviness and sadness,
in the bags you're hauling.
What remains you ask,
the crowd silent and listening,
answers on the horizon,
and solitarily glistening.
Love remains...
Love remains...
Love remains...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Erma, Joan and Paige
I am re-reading “Forever, Erma” after hearing about a friend of mine who attended a Writer’s Workshop in Dayton, OH (home of my alma mater)...
-
I got the Pennysaver some time ago, and I just spent about five minutes scanning through it. I'm hoping to find someone who wants to gi...
-
So, the kids and I have taken to writing notes to each other on the white board. Every day, I'll walk by and see a note from either Pai...
-
I could tell you that I'm poised, straight clothing, combed hair, laughing eyes and you might believe me; I could work through this blog...
1 comment:
You're truly an amazing writer - spurned by the desire to reach out - that is when it happens - a moment of clarity makes it work - the problem is that you've had to chew on a raw emotion for so long - you wanted to be a great writer, but this is too much to go through! Hang in there. Send the blog space to my publisher - I'll forward you the e-mail. We can talk!
Post a Comment