Thursday, July 10, 2008

An Attempt at a Poem

I am writing it off the top of my head... the only line I know is the last one.

The money gets sorted,
the kids do too,
pieces to me,
pieces to you.

A legal decree that says good-bye,
signed and initialed on the bold-faced line.

The laughter faded long ago,
the tears still crawling,
heaviness and sadness,
in the bags you're hauling.

What remains you ask,
the crowd silent and listening,
answers on the horizon,
and solitarily glistening.

Love remains...
Love remains...
Love remains...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're truly an amazing writer - spurned by the desire to reach out - that is when it happens - a moment of clarity makes it work - the problem is that you've had to chew on a raw emotion for so long - you wanted to be a great writer, but this is too much to go through! Hang in there. Send the blog space to my publisher - I'll forward you the e-mail. We can talk!

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...