Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gobble, Gobble, Goo, Gobble, Gobble, Giggle. . .

. . . I wish Turkey only cost a nickel!

Adam Sandler sings this line, and he is my ringtone from November 1st through Thanksgiving.  Every time I get a phone call, especially at work, there is a laugh.  It reminds me of my brother Jeff, who sent me the ringtone a long, long time ago.

After Thanksgiving, I switch to Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and I am in a panic when my phone rings, knowing that Christmas is a short time away and I haven't shopped yet.

I have the kids for an entire week at Thanksgiving.  We'll shuffle off to Buffalo, gobble some turkey, have some laughs and savor the memories until the next time. 

I do not have the kids at Christmas. Gah, that just. . .

I won't go there.  We will still celebrate as though Santa's fat behind slid into the faux fireplace, but it will be the day after Christmas when we do.

In the meantime, I will shop on-line, hide all the loot somewhere in the house, wrap presents on the sly, ship gifts to my family, and watch Christmas Vacation over and over and over again. . .

"Surprised, Clark?"
"I couldn't be more surprised Eddie, if I woke up and my head was stapled to the carpet."

Ah, Tis the season to be Merry. . .

Despite the hectic pace of this season, the blessings erupt daily, and I look forward to the Turkey!

No comments:

Happy Birthday, Tim!

The day was June 16 th . It wasn’t quite summer in Buffalo, and if we’re honest, the snow piles were probably still melting at the end of th...